We manufacture custom packaging sleeves in-house…
We have experience of producing custom packaging sleeves for a large number of household brands. Using our state-of-the-art high speed cutting and gluing machines as well as an array of printing presses including ultra high spec lithographic, digital and flexographic presses – we can produce custom packaging sleeves for your retail, shelf ready boxed or food item in ultra high volumes with virtually limitless scalability.
If you’re looking for a branded custom printed sleeves for your product look no further than Lil Packaging – contact us today.
We also specialise in white overprinted onto kraft cardboard – which gives your custom packaging sleeves a natural eco-friendly and high-end luxury look and feel, especially when combined with our FSC® certified sustainably sourced cardboard for added eco friendly credentials.
Our first phase is all about asking questions. With decades of experience, we know the good questions from the bad and make sure that we get the information we need to get your specification sorted. We ask questions like:
- What product or products are you wanting bespoke cardboard packaging sleeves for?
- What size are your products?
- How are you shipping them? (Bags? Envelopes? Wraps? ‘0201’ Cardboard boxes?)
- Are there any special considerations? (Security needs, unusual material transport regulations or requirements etc.)
- Is there a specific problem you’re having with your current packaging or deliveries?
- What are your custom printing requirements?
With the answers to questions like these, we produce a great specification for you.
Getting an accurate and realistic specification is key to getting your products designed, manufactured and delivered in good time. The below factors are usually core to your specification:
- Material: Selecting the right cardboard material for your custom packaging sleeve is a crucial early decision. The type of material dictates much of the ‘make-up’ design, and print-on possibilities for your packaging. The thickness or grade (often measured in ‘microns’ or ‘gsm’) of your cardboard greatly affects the strength, durability, design and usage of your packaging specification.
- Size: Your bespoke packaging must fit ‘snugly’ around your packaged product. Unless it is designed for multiple / assorted item carriage, we discourage the use of void-fill or unnecessary empty space.
- Print: We advise you on the print possibilities that you have available to you, depending on the material, size, and make-up design requirements of your bespoke packaging.
- Special Considerations: Does your packaging need to have special attention paid to its security features? Maybe it needs an extra peel’n’seal strip to enable your mailer to be returnable? Perhaps ease of access or recyclability is important? We can cater to them all and more.
- Design: The design of your packaging is the key element of the process – taking in the effects of all other factors listed here. With over thirty years experience, we innovate and surprise daily with our bespoke packaging designs. We have a huge bank of previous designs, and new ones, that we can call upon to create your perfect packaging solution.
- Manufacturing Limitations: Sometimes customers ask for things that simply are not possible. We’re not afraid to tell you this, but at the same time, we’ll always have a trick up our sleeve to achieve things other manufacturers will frown at. Most of all, we focus on specifications being ‘achievable’ and ‘realistic’ within manufacturing limitations.
Estimation & Quote
At this point, we then create the embryonic stage of your bespoke packaging. Our sales team passes the specification to our estimating team to create a quote, and a specially printed and made-up sample. Both the sample and the quote are sent to you for your review. Once the samples (and the quote) have been accepted and agreed upon by both you and our production team, a production run date is then mutually agreed.
Once we have been in receipt of the finalised artwork and production has been agreed, a typical production run will often be complete in around 3-4 weeks.
Get A Quote
If you would like to get a quote regarding your bespoke packaging needs, please contact us today.